Monday, May 24, 2010

swagger wagon






Jessica showed me this video Friday afternoon and I cracked up.  Under the comments section on YouTube some (young) people remark on what a lame video this is or how nobody can relate to this.  For myself the humor is that when I was younger I also believed that minivans were both ugly and also the stamp of suburban dystopia.  I hoped I would never find myself in a situation that compelled me to get one.

Between then and now life has happened.  I have two kids and it chemically changed my brain - now convenience factors have trumped style while shopping.  And from a convenience perspective the Toyota Sienna is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen.  We did not just "settle" for a minivan; we wanted one.  Our Sienna is pimped out, and we are proud of it.

All of this is why I think Toyota has hit the nail on the head with the viral video.  Nothing is funnier than seeing yourself in the humor and coming full circle with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home